BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Google Homepages »

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

November thru December

Cheerleading is finally wrapping up and it seem like the weather is finally cooling off.
The leaves are changing colors. So this is what fall looks and feels like, I have only heard about it and seen some pictures. (HAHA). The holidays have arrived and so did all the
goodies that go with it. We spent Thanksgiving in Cedar Hill with the Floyd’s. Tina and Ms. Bonnie cooked an amazing dinner. Everyone was ready for sleep after eating. The rest of the holiday weekend was just resting and hanging and of course putting up the Christmas trees. The girls started the countdown till Christmas. The days went by fast and before I knew it Christmas break was here. I tried to keep the girls as busy as possible to help pass the time of
being home with all of them 24/7. I know that sounds bad but I was pleasantly surprised at how great they got along for the most part. We had a bake day and invited everyone to decorate cookies, make goop, and rice krispie treats. We all had blast here are some photos and as
you can see the women were cookie while the men watched TV.

Christmas morning came and I was more excited than the girls I think. I love watching them open their gifts. The girls made out. Layla got an electric scooter, a video camera, and a kid laptop, but I think her favorite was the twilight dolls of Edward and Jacob. Lily Mae has been
obsessed with Elmo on TV so Santa brought her very own Elmo, building blocks, and her very own cell phone. My lucky high tech girls! I was very thankful that the girls had a great Christmas.

We also got a special message a couple of days later that we were going to have special visitors at
our house. On Saturday morning Grandpa Gene, Grandma Julie, and Aunt Jaci surprised the girls by waking them up. Layla say Grandma and Aunt Jaci and started to see if she was somewhere else other than her room in Texas. After waking up they took the girls Christmas
shopping and everyone to lunch. The girls had so much fun. Then everyone came home and took a much needed nap on the playroom floor. I don’t know how they lasted that long after
taking a midnight flight out here and getting to our house at 7am. Such troopers that’s for sure. After some napping the adults left for a little trip to Sam Moon for some accessory shopping while Los stayed back and watched the kids. This was my first trip to Sam Moon and boy was I overwhelmed. I ended it up with a new bag for church to help with all mine and Lily’s
stuff. It definitely won’t be my last and now I have a plan of attack. After we returned and had some chili I had made in the slow cooker, we settled down for an intense game of Farkle. I am so
glad Julie introduced me to this game it was so much fun, and of course Aunt Jaci won. She is a very calculating game player. (Love you J). After that we had a mock count down for the New Year and everyone headed to bed early. Sunday was a nice a quite rest day. Grandma Julie had a day at the Layla and India Spa, where the made all of her makeover hair, nails, and makeup dreams come true. Then Grandma Julie made a great dinner, and grandpa provided some ice cream for dessert. Then it was time for another intense game this time it was phase 10, and yes Miss J won again, hahah!. It was so much fun. I was sad to see them leave Monday. We had so much fun and miss them already. Time to plan our trip to Nevada very soon.

0 comments: